Supplier Spotlight- Balluff
Balluff is a leading global sensor specialist, with over 50 years experience in innovation. The company was founded in Neuhausen near Stuttgart in 1921 and has been family-run for four generations. They have their own line of connectivity products for every area of factory automation. Furthermore, Balluff stand for creating comprehensive systems from a single source, using state-of-the-art technology to ensure the highest quality and greatest reliability. From a small, mechanical shop in the 1920’s, Balluff has grown into a world-orientated, leading global player, that boasts 3600 employees, 9 production locations worldwide and representatives in over 60 countries.
Bicycles, motorcycles and sewing machines were the starting point for over 90 years of success!
- By 1947 this small business had grown into a factory for precision mechanical products.
- In 1921 Gebhard Balluff founded his mechanical repair shop for bicycles and sewing machines.
- In 1956 Balluff entered into the Sensor market and the development of sensor innovations began with the production of the BND Cam Switch.
- In 1968 work began on the BES Inductive Proximity Switches, which were the first non-contact sensor. This was a great advance in control technology for mechanical engineering and made Balluff one of the world market leaders.
- Fast forward 10 years to 1978 and Balluff has furthered this technology by creating sensors that can now detect objects even at great distances and are made of a variety of materials other than metal.
- In 2012 Balluff began production on BNI Smart Lights. They have expanded their expertise into high-precision magnetic displacement and angle measurement systems
- In 2015 with its comprehensive portfolio, Balluff has developed into a pacesetter for Industry 4.0.
Balluff provides precise electrical solutions for many applications in industry. They have researched and developed high precision solutions for almost every industrial application including:
- Identification systems
- Life Science
- Steel Industry
These are just some of the highly technological applications and projects that Balluff have developed suitable product solutions for.
Automation requires safety and Balluff’s quality guarantees this safety. Their concept consists of products and solutions that fulfil their tasks over the course of years with the same reliability and precision. This is achieved through creating a high number of products that minimise danger for humans and production plants.
Safety over I-O Link
To increase the efficiency of safety concepts and integrate them into the safety control, Balluff have created a safe I-O module. The Balluff Safety Hub is the first integrated safety solution via I-O link. It’s easy to integrate, responds quickly and can replace the control cabinet. It handles communication down to the last meter and provides both sensor and actuator details as well as secure information. Like all Balluff products, this safety concept is built with state of the art technology and high quality components.
Easy Tool-ID is a helpful solution to get started in automated tool management. It uses simple installation and configuration to easily set up nearly any machine tool that has a USB interface. It eliminates the need for manual entry of information, which diminishes the risk of incorrect data. Data is instead written on the tool by the presetter via RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology. This is then transmitted to the machine tool using the Easy Tool-ID system. Furthermore, the product consists of a tool stand with integrated read/write head, a processor unit, a micro-controller and the power supply.
Balluff at Chalon
Every industrial automation system need a reliable source of power that is channeled in an even manner without spikes. Only then can these systems perform to their full potential. The BAE Power Supply Units by Balluff, provide this consistent, controlled source even under demanding conditions. They provide protection against unforeseen events through using integrated overload and over voltage protection. In addition, the BAE Power Supply Units promise a long service life and fewer system failures, with a guaranteed Mean Time Between Failure being over 210,000 hours/ 24 years.
When it comes to quality, Balluff has its own ideas and standards. These standards aim to go higher than applicable official standards. When you buy Balluff, you buy the promise of safety, reliability and innovation.
Shop Balluff Power Supplies here: